MAKEART™ Resin is a 100% solids formulation, meaning that it does not contain volatile organic compounds so there are no hazardous vapours. This resin system uses UV stabilizers to minimise the harmful effects of UV light on epoxy resins, these stabilisers provide long term UV protection. View the Technical Data Sheet for this product.
MAKEART Resin is created by ATL Composites. For over 40 years, ATL has based it’s business on extensive research and development, to develop easily processed, cost effective products to optimise performance. ATL Composites holds a strong and successful position as an epoxy formulator, specialising in a variety of epoxy resin systems, from marine, industrial, surfing, adhesive, coatings and WEST SYSTEM.
Note from Room To Imagine: We purchase the resin in bulk and repackage to smaller bottles for sale. This allows for cost efficiency and translates into savings for our customers. So do note that you may receive the resin in bottles with the Room To Imagine labels, instead of totalCast labels. For the original packaging, you may want to consider the largest volume listed, do email us to confirm before purchase.
- Combine Resin and Hardener by volume in 1:1 ratio. Stir well for 3 to 4 minutes until the mixture turns clear. For detailed instruction, please refer to: How To Use Coating Resin
- Handle with gloves and safety glasses in a well-ventilated area as good safety practice
- Non-flammable under normal use conditions. Be aware that bulk material can get hot.
- Work in a well-ventilated space to minimise exposure to any fumes released while torching
- Can be applied on anything from wood to fabric to canvas, to paper and ceramics, etc
- Pot Life – 100g @ 25ºC (in air) = 55 Minutes
- 24 hours to cure to a solid state and 3 days to cure to maximum strength
- Store away from direct heat and light, at temperatures between 15 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Replace the lid securely after use to reduce exposure to air and moisture
- Recommended shelf life of 2 years unopened in original containers
- If in contact with skin, clean promptly with soap and water
- If in contact with eyes, flush with water repeatedly and do not rub. Seek medical attention immediately
- If respiratory discomfort occurs, move the person to fresh air
- If swallowed, do not induce vomiting. Contact your physician immediately
Workshops You Will Enjoy:
Interested to learn about how to make beautiful works with resin? Join our workshops and learn faster with personalised guidance!