As part of our Project R initiative, we purchase this product only in its bulk packaging and repackage to smaller bottles for sale. Not only does this create cost savings for us as a small business, but also translates into cost savings for you as the consumer. The repackaged bottles are made of sturdier material and designed to be easily refillable and able to be used for a longer period of time. The bottles are also clearly labelled with the brand that has been repackaged.
Same product, same quality. Different packaging, but better for you and for the planet! For the original packaging, you may want to consider purchasing the largest volume listed, and do email us to confirm before purchase.
totalCAST Clear Art Resin is used to coat and seal artwork on canvas, wood, MDF, glass, perspex, concrete, metals etc. The product can be applied by pouring, brush or roller. The excellent clarity and optical transparency makes the resin ideally suited for the protection and decoration of paintings, sculptures & collages, photos & prints, wood & timber artefacts (clocks and puzzles etc), pendants, bangles & other jewellery items, flower setting and paperweights. This formulation represents cutting edge polymeric technology and was developed to offer unrivalled user friendliness and a crystal clear result every time. Although these resins are UV stabilised, this does not mean they are UV proof. Ultimately these clear epoxy resins will show signs of UV degradation over time.
- Combine Resin and Hardener by volume or weight in 1:1 ratio. Stir well for 3 to 4 minutes until mixture turns clear
- Handle with gloves and safety glasses in a well-ventilated area as good safety practice
- Non-flammable under normal use conditions. Be aware that bulk material can get hot
- Work in a well-ventilated space to minimise exposure to any fumes released while torching
- Can be applied on anything from wood to fabric to canvas, to paper and ceramics, etc
- 10-15 minutes at 23°C (250g mixed mass)
- Touch dry in 3 to 4 hours at 23°C, full cure in 5 to 7 days
- This resin has a heat distortion temperature of 45-50°C, which makes it unsuitable for the placement of very hot objects on its surface when cured.
- Store away from direct heat and light, at temperatures between 15 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Replace the lid securely after use to reduce exposure to air and moisture
- Recommended shelf life of 1 years unopened in original containers
- If in contact with skin, clean promptly with soap and water
- If in contact with eyes, flush with water repeatedly and do not rub. Seek medical attention immediately
- If respiratory discomfort occurs, move the person to fresh air
- If swallowed, do not induce vomiting. Contact your physician immediately
Workshops You Will Enjoy:
Interested to learn about how to make beautiful works with resin? Join our workshops and learn faster with personalised guidance!