ArtResin has been certified by the American Society for Testing and Materials as non-toxic when used as directed (conforms to ASTM D4236). It is formulated using the highest quality materials and therefore produces no VOCs (volatile organic compounds) or fumes. It is a clean system, meaning there are no solvents or non-reactive diluents—everything in it reacts so nothing is free to become airborne and cause health issues. It is also non-flammable. For all these reasons, it is therefore classified as a non-hazardous material and is shippable by air. Furthermore, many curatives have a powerful odour, however ArtResin has only a low odour and is applicator friendly.
Visit the ArtResin website to view the Safety Data Sheet and Technical Data Sheet for this product.
Articles You May Be Interested In:
- Combine Resin and Hardener by volume in 1:1 ratio. Stir well for about 3 minutes or until streaks disappear
- Handle with gloves for ease of washing up and as good safety practice
- Non-flammable under normal use conditions
- Work in a well-ventilated space to minimise exposure to any fumes released while torching
- Pot life of 40 to 50 minutes at 23 to 25 degrees Celsius
- The ArtResin epoxy resin cure time is 24 hours (hard cure), however you can touch the surface after about 8 hours without it feeling sticky. It reaches its full cure at 72 hours
- Can be applied on anything from wood to fabric to canvas, to paper and ceramics, etc
- Store away from direct heat and light, at temperatures between 10 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Replace the lid securely after use to reduce exposure to air
- Recommended shelf life of 6 months in opened bottles, or 1 year unopened
- ArtResin conforms to ASTM D-4236, meaning it has been evaluated as safe for home use. It is considered a non-hazardous material and is non-toxic when used as directed, however there are some common sense safety precautions that every user should follow:
- If in contact with skin, clean promptly with soap and water
- If in contact with eyes, flush with water repeatedly and do not rub. Seek medical attention immediately
- If respiratory discomfort occurs, move the person to fresh air
- If swallowed, do not induce vomiting. Contact your physician immediately
Note from Room To Imagine:
- While ArtResin has been certified food-safe, we recommend that you use it for mainly art purposes. If you do use it to resin tableware, to err on the side of caution, do avoid putting the items in the dishwasher, microwave and oven. 🙂
- We purchase the resin in bulk and repackage to smaller bottles for sale. This allows for cost efficiency and translates into savings for our customers. So when purchasing from us, you will receive the resin in bottles with the Room To Imagine labels, instead of ArtResin labels. Please take note of this before purchasing, thank you.
Workshops You Will Enjoy:
Interested to learn about how to make beautiful works with resin? Join our workshops and learn faster with personalised guidance!